Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weeekend exeperience/Baby Shower Goof :)

Just when I thought my weekend was no fun, this happened!!!

So it's the final day of the weekend or the beginning of a new week for some, but regardless of all that, today I had the chance to smile and even blush sef...yes I was turning red in the face :) Anyways here is my story:

Today I woke up, feeling rather lazy and tired. I had had a long night (insomnia is a b**ch) so I woke up late, say about 12:30pm. Anyways I was doing my morning routine on my PC when Buttercup buzzed me on my IM, we got to chatting, a lot of meaningful somethings and meaningless nothings (actually I think there were more meaningful somethings....anyways I digress). I don't know whether B'cup has some random msg magnet on facebook, but she got another one of those msgs, but this time from some1 I know all too well, can u imagine? I'm so gonna brush that boy when next I see him, how dare he. I would have sworn before this incident that I would not know anyone that would do such, but I guess I am wrong.

This is what the idiot sent B'cup

"U gat d sexiest lips i hv eva sin.wanna get 2 knw u."

Can u pple imagine? Anyways, we continued chatting, then B'Cup asked how my weekend was, I told her I was dulling, but that I just got word from my bro that a friend was having a birthday party and another was having a baby shower so we would be attending both. B'Cup dear why didn't u catch that -- Baby Shower -- that na all women affair ooo, Im mad at you for that...lol........I don't know why my brain did not pick it up too, I guess I was too tired to think.

Anyways my bro got word of this baby shower from another guy friend who had received the invite, so it all seemed normal, although I was wondering why we did not get the invite too. My bro and I got ready and drove to the venue. When we arrived, we looked for the cars of our other guy friends but we did not see any, that was when it started ringing in our heads..lol, we spotted the car of a female friend, so we decided to call her just to confirm what was going on. We told her we heard from the grapevine that something was going on, and that we were in front of the house and all. She immediately came out and beckoned us in, only for us to get in, and have the host annouce to a house full of women that they had male guest visitors/crashers referring to me and my bro...chei...I wanted the ground to just swallow me, I was blushing so hard my cheeks were hurting. We just stood by the corner trying to make sure our presence was not felt, they offered us cake and soda, we did a quick number on the cake and just quietly exited the event...phew...but not before they took pictures of us as evidence that we crashed their party...lol.

As soon as we exited, we called this friend that told us about the shower, and told him our experience, we shared a good laugh, he had also been contemplating coming, but his wifey was too tired to make it, he was so lucky, he would have been just as embarassed as we were. Anyways, he re-read the invitation again, and it so happened that the invitation though sent to this our guy friend was meant for his newly wedded wife, since the organizers did not have her email address.

So that is my story oo...funny but definitely made my weekend :)

ciao
....H2O


PS: The whole thing got me thinking sha, why are Baby Showers all women affairs sef, me too I love children now....wetin...I think this issue needs to be revisited oo, I know we did not bear all the 9months but we love the babies regardless...

17 comments:

Buttercup said...

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha!

nawa o! so its now my fault, eh? hehehehe! :P

oya, sowee..

LOL!

as for that boy..lol..i dont even know what to say! maybe i shud leave fb, what do u think???

Rayo said...

lmao! eeyah sorry gate crasher

H2O-works said...

@buttercup...it was just too funny, I still laff when I think of it..

@rayo...don't worry o, Im crashing urs next...lol

Chookz said...

dude saw your comment on SOLOMONSYDELLE's blog abeg na which church you dey go?

Tigeress said...

H2O pls take am easy with Dabizniz- he's still recovering from....

anyway, to better things- i dont think baby showers should be only for women. In fact the most fun baby showers i've hosted are ones that men have attended. Now if it were bridal showers- thats different. Women only for those.

But that must have been hilarious. Then again, i'm sure the ladies werent bothered u were there. u and ur bro were the only ones who probably felt out of place.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

lol! too funny. I don't know why men shy away from baby showers, honestly. They are fun!

Kafo said...

a man at a baby shower
hmmm
that would have been fun to watch

yeah i think watching men react to baby showers should be have the fun



you are brave ooo

Jay said...

lol!!

you are right...men should be at baby showers too...i mean with them there will be no baby in the first place least having a baby shower :)

Jay said...

btw love the song playing on your blog...of the hook

Buttercup said...

im thirsy, please!

Buttercup said...

*thirsty

i've been making so many typos of late..ahnahn! mschew!

Parakeet said...

Aww someone just love B'cup...am with you H2o, brush that ur friend.

As for the baby shower, its beyond me why its women's affair.

You've been given the honest scrap award so check my blog for details.
Cheers me dears.

Anonymous said...

ehen? me I didn't know baby showers were like that oh! oope o!

Stalkers...I with hold my comments on them...

H2O-works said...

Thanks y'all for the comments.

@Wordmerchant, Im glad u like the song...
@B'cup...how shall I quench this thirst of urs..
@Parakeet...thank you, thank you...I am truly honored to be receiving the honest scrap award, I shall be blogging about it as soon as I get my PC fixed.

ciao
...H2O

Spesh said...

men and baby showers,never a good combination.....lol.

ScoopsNija said...

New entertainment blog hits blogsville. Visit http://scoopsnija.blogspot.com/ for more details. Please add to your blogroll. Your support is appreciated.

tobenna said...

musta been embarassing huh....
but since you were there, you shoulda just picked a few cell numbers. Except they were all married?!